Day 6: (strength·en) Worship
We are Saved to Worship
“We are saved to worship God. All that Christ has done in the past and all that He is doing now leads to this one end.” A. W. Tozer’s quote rings true for Georgia Baptists as we enter the second decade of the new century. The worship landscape in Georgia is diverse and exciting. Hundreds of thousands of Baptists come to church each week to sing, pray, give, and respond to the proclaimed Word.
Your Georgia Baptist Worship and Music Ministry is committed to strengthening worship life in our great state. Because we believe that the purpose of redemption is to glorify God, it is vitally important we focus diligent attention on this priority. Some practical events your mission board provides includes:
- Discovering Biblical Worship Conference (for local churches and associations)
- Training for future leaders through Surge 150 Music Camps for students
- Music Festivals for Youth and Adult choirs
- Associational Training Events (tailored for each association)
- One-to-One training geared for part time or volunteer leaders
- Regional consultation and equipping in all areas of music leadership
We reflect different races, musical styles, forms, and service structures. We embrace rich traditions and launch new ones. Regardless of style, there is one common theme that binds us together — worship is to be driven by God’s Word.
It is our desire to see our churches equipped and strengthened in planning and practicing biblical worship that glorifies God by exalting the Savior, edifies and inspires service to Christ, and carries forward the mandate to proclaim the gospel to the ends of the earth through mission engagement and evangelism. We are saved to worship! The Biblical worship calls us to action! When we worship, we are compelled to serve. The Worship and Music Ministry is ready to assist you.
Pray for Strengthening Of Worship Ministries By:
- Asking God to be the author of all training and the audience of our efforts.
- Pleading that churches and congregations will be drawn to seek the face and favor of our Lord.
- Trusting that a dynamic and divine difference will be experienced in all six new regions across Georgia.