The need has never been greater for Georgia Baptists all across the state to answer the call to GO and serve. The following volunteer opportunities are a great way to connect your giftedness with the community and the world, often working in partnership with your local church or association. Disaster Relief, Church Planting, Community Ministry, Construction, Evangelism and Mission Trips are all opportunities that would benefit greatly from volunteer support. Click the links below to get started…
- Evangelistic Mission Teams (especially summer)
- Building Improvements (flooring, drywall, electrical)
are just a few needs to finish the Life Center Ministry building at Decision Point Ministries in the south Atlanta metro area.
For more details and information, contact Pastor Chris McNairy at:
The People’s Church of Atlanta has an ongoing need for skilled-labor or professional plumbers, electricians, contractors, roofing, donated construction materials, and volunteers to help repair homes of low-income residents in the Kirkwood neighborhood (30317).
For details and to register a group, please contact Justin Schaeffer at email@example.com or 425-408-2462.
Whirlwind Missions needs help in the International Village of Atlanta! They are looking for teams from all over to help “Take the Church, To the People!”
- Meet and learn how to love people in the name of Jesus who are from Mexico, Honduras, Bangladesh, Russia, Japan, and many other countries.
- Take a cultural safari to the World Farmer’s Market, Asian Square, a Vietnamese pharmacy, Al Madina, an Islamic grocery store, see a Hindu Temple at Global Mall, and feel like they’ve been transported to South America at Plaza Fiesta.
- Enjoy ethnic lunches together or pack their own lunch.
- Participate in backyard Bible clubs in apartment complexes with activities that include recreation time, games, snack, crafts, and of course sharing Jesus!
Opportunities are available all year! So pick a date that works for your team and contact Ashley Kendall at 404-358-6766 or firstname.lastname@example.org
The Savannah Baptist Association/Savannah Baptist Assembly invites teams and individuals for various construction projects throughout the year. Teams are welcome for a week. Campers on Mission are welcome to stay for longer periods of time.
For details and available projects, please email the Savannah Baptist Association/Savannah Baptist Assembly.
Shorter University is looking for teams to help with:
Renovation of the Eubanks Reception Room – this needs to be done in mid-May
- Room is approximately 1600 square feet
- Paint and prep walls
- Install shadow boxes; trim carpentry
- Tools required (provided by Shorter): Hand tools, saw, nail gun
Painting of Alumni Hall (2 floors of 40 dorm rooms total)
- Scrape paint and prep all rooms
- Approx 600 square feet each
- Tools and paint provided by Shorter
Project Dates: May 7 – July 27, 2018 (specific weeks available)
Shorter will provide:
- 3 meals per day and sleeping accommodations.
- Materials needed such as paint, etc. and tools.
Please contact Jeanne McDade to register and for further details at 706-233-7231 or at email@example.com.
The Rock Ministry
The Rock Ministry was birthed from a burden God gave Terry Hinkle and Donnie Primrose to do something to help people and families who, for whatever the reason, find themselves homeless. In Terry’s words, “We are looking to give people a “hand up” not a “handout.”
God has provided Terry and Donnie with a twelve cabin facility in Troup County (location purposely withheld) to be used for this purpose. The purpose of this ministry is not to give folks a long term place to stay. The length of the stay is designed for ninety days, free of charge, during which time the family is given breathing room, so to speak, to get their lives back together.
Terry & Donnie are doing this ministry solely on faith. Both of these men have other jobs and are financial contributors to the ministry themselves. And while the cabins are in varying stages of disrepair, they do already have some families staying there.
The need for this ministry is fourfold:
2) Provide for the Spiritual needs of the families staying at the facility.
3) Raise financial support for construction materials and operational costs.
4) Recruit volunteer labor to facilitate repairs.
If you would like to be a part of this most worthy ministry, please contact Terry Hinkle at: 706.594.7010 or Donnie Primrose at: 706.442.1253.
Join Church Planter, David Heavener, of Revelation Studio Ministries in reaching aspiring and established artist in the growing film community in Atlanta!
Your church can partner with this ministry to provide:
- Coffeehouse equipment/supplies/volunteer baristas
- Sound Systems
- Build the set and/or donate materials such as paint, theatrical props
- Handyman-type work
- Web Design/Graphic Design
Mission Teams can:
- Renovate the coffeehouse
- Be cast, crew, or live studio audience in the filming of the web series
- Do door-to-door invites, prayer walks
Contact David Heavener at firstname.lastname@example.org for more information and details.
Appalachia is a region that is spiritually lost. Key areas within the region are over 90% unchurched. Through short-term volunteer missions you can make an eternal difference. Mission opportunities include community surveys, block parties, VBS, prayerwalking, resort ministry, back yard Bible clubs, sport camps, youth/children events, revivals, day camp, new church construction, building additions and renovations, home repair, food pantry, clothing closet, new mom care, literacy/job skill training and much more. If you are seeking a place to go on mission, please consider Appalachia. Click here for more information on how you can become involved.