The need has never been greater for Georgia Baptists all across the state to answer the call to GO and serve. The following volunteer opportunities are a great way to connect your giftedness with the community and the world, often working in partnership with your local church or association. Disaster Relief, Church Planting, Community Ministry, Construction, Evangelism and Mission Trips are all opportunities that would benefit greatly from volunteer support. Click the links below to get started…
- Evangelistic Mission Teams (especially summer)
- Building Improvements (flooring, drywall, electrical)
are just a few needs to finish the Life Center Ministry building at Decision Point Ministries in the south Atlanta metro area.
For more details and information, contact Pastor Chris McNairy at:
The People’s Church of Atlanta has an ongoing need for skilled-labor or professional plumbers, electricians, contractors, roofing, donated construction materials, and volunteers to help repair homes of low-income residents in the Kirkwood neighborhood (30317).
For details and to register a group, please contact Justin Schaeffer at email@example.com or 425-408-2462.
Whirlwind Missions needs help in the International Village of Atlanta! They are looking for teams from all over to help “Take the Church, To the People!”
- Enjoy cultural briefings including rhythm & worship and deep prayer time.
- Visit the World Farmer’s Market, the Vietnamese pharmacy, and Hindu Temple.
- Visit Bengali and Latino ladies during ESL and tea time, a jewelry making class with onsite missionary and after school tutoring with immigrant and refugee children.
Opportunities are available all year! So pick a date that works for your team and contact Ashley Kendall at 404-358-6766 or firstname.lastname@example.org
The Savannah Baptist Association/Savannah Baptist Assembly invites teams and individuals for various construction projects throughout the year. Teams are welcome for a week. Campers on Mission are welcome to stay for longer periods of time.
For details and available projects, please email the Savannah Baptist Association/Savannah Baptist Assembly.
The Rock Ministry
The Rock Ministry was birthed from a burden God gave Terry Hinkle and Donnie Primrose to do something to help people and families who, for whatever the reason, find themselves homeless. In Terry’s words, “We are looking to give people a “hand up” not a “handout.”
God has provided Terry and Donnie with a twelve cabin facility in Troup County (location purposely withheld) to be used for this purpose. The purpose of this ministry is not to give folks a long term place to stay. The length of the stay is designed for ninety days, free of charge, during which time the family is given breathing room, so to speak, to get their lives back together.
Terry & Donnie are doing this ministry solely on faith. Both of these men have other jobs and are financial contributors to the ministry themselves. And while the cabins are in varying stages of disrepair, they do already have some families staying there.
The need for this ministry is fourfold:
2) Provide for the Spiritual needs of the families staying at the facility.
3) Raise financial support for construction materials and operational costs.
4) Recruit volunteer labor to facilitate repairs.
If you would like to be a part of this most worthy ministry, please contact Terry Hinkle at: 706.594.7010 or Donnie Primrose at: 706.442.1253.
Join Church Planter, David Heavener, of Revelation Studio Ministries in reaching aspiring and established artist in the growing film community in Atlanta!
Your church can partner with this ministry to provide:
- Coffeehouse equipment/supplies/volunteer baristas
- Sound Systems
- Build the set and/or donate materials such as paint, theatrical props
- Handyman-type work
- Web Design/Graphic Design
Mission Teams can:
- Renovate the coffeehouse
- Be cast, crew, or live studio audience in the filming of the web series
- Do door-to-door invites, prayer walks
Contact David Heavener at email@example.com for more information and details.
Appalachia is a region that is spiritually lost. Key areas within the region are over 90% unchurched. Through short-term volunteer missions you can make an eternal difference. Mission opportunities include community surveys, block parties, VBS, prayerwalking, resort ministry, back yard Bible clubs, sport camps, youth/children events, revivals, day camp, new church construction, building additions and renovations, home repair, food pantry, clothing closet, new mom care, literacy/job skill training and much more. If you are seeking a place to go on mission, please consider Appalachia. Click here for more information on how you can become involved.
There is an ongoing need for people to assist with various literacy needs. One of the most common forms of this ministry is English as a Second Language (ESL) where English speaking volunteers help ethnics learn the language so that they can function better while in the states. This has been an effective method by which Georgia Baptists have been able to share their faith with people from all over the world. For more information please click here or contact Paulette DeHart .
Acts 1:8 Individual
1. Start a small group in your home.
2. Start a list of lost people to pray for.
3. Pray for awareness of Evangelistic opportunities daily.
4. View every encounter with another person as an Evangelistic opportunity.
5. Contact your pastor for Evangelism ministry possibilities.
6. Share a meal with an Ethnic person or family.
7. Participate in Evangelism training.
8. Consider being an Ethnic Mobilizer for your church.
Acts 1:8 Church
1. Adopt a local Ethnic congregation and the same people group overseas.
2. Adopt a local non-Christian house of worship to pray for.
3. Plant a new church – Ethnic, Affinity Group, English Speaking
4. Host a joint worship service and swap pulpits with an Ethnic church.
5. Start an ESL program.
6. Start weekly visitation.
7. Provide Evangelism training
8. Request community demographics from Georgia Baptist Convention Research Department.
Acts 1:8 Association
1. Do research on community demographics and share with pastors and key leaders.
2.Identify non – Christian worship centers and share with pastors for churches to adopt for prayer
3.Host an ESL training
4.Become an Acts 1:8 Association and host and Acts 1:8 Rally
5.Seek an Ethnic Mobilizer/Advocate for your Association.
6.Plant or partner with an Ethnic congregation
7.Partner with another Association to maximize resources
8.Form an Evangelistic Missions strategy team
Golden Isles Ministries, along with the Southeast Baptist Association, is inviting you to join them for a quality, organized, and life-changing mission trip along the southeastern coast of Georgia. The Golden Isles includes: Brunswick, St. Simons Island, Jekyll Island, Woodbine, St. Mary’s, and Kingsland. Students, adults and children are needed to join in reaching this resort area with beach ministry, family programs, day camps, sports camps, prayer walking, assisting church plants, ministries at the Pier on St. Simons, Jekyll Campground and much more. Affordable lodging is available. For more information contact Garrett Bowman.