How to get involved
Provide cleaning services or supplies for a pregnancy support center
Meet with school guidance counselors and share your desire to help with students who become pregnant
Send gift cards (grocery stores, maternity stores, etc.) to a pregnancy support center that will be given to expecting mothers.
Collect baby diapers and wipes at your church or with your small group, then donate to pregnancy support centers
Prayer walk your community and pray for opportunities to serve those in a crisis pregnancy
Offer meals to single mothers after being discharged from the hospital
Georgia is ranked 2nd worst state in the United States for maternal mortality.
Dive into deeper
Discover ways to offer compassion
- Women in Georgia with an unexpected pregnancy to seek life affirming help today.
- Pregnancy care ministries and centers to reach women while navigating COVID closures.
- Pray for families to hear God’s call to adopt.
- Pray for individual children and siblings who are waiting to be adopted.
- Pray that our state’s maternal mortality rate will decrease as women are cared for during and after pregnancy.
- The Positive Alternatives for Pregnancy and Parenting Grant Program provides funding to Pregnancy Help Organizations in Georgia who offer “positive alternatives” to abortion by providing support for pregnancy and parenting for up to one year following birth. View Source
- In 2010, Amnesty International declared a “maternal health care crisis in the U.S.A.” and said worst of all was the state of Georgia…. The best estimate of the state’s maternal death rate is now double the one Amnesty International called out. View Source
- The coronavirus outbreak has fueled attempts to ban abortions in some states, but providers where the procedure remains available report increased demand, often from women distraught over economic stress and health concerns linked to the pandemic. View Source
- Girls raised in a fatherless home are 7 times more likely to become pregnant as a teenager. View Source
- There is a 2x Greater risk of infant mortality in fatherless homes.